Indexing isssue

3 years 8 months ago
Doug Dotchin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Indexing isssue #6506
I had been changing the Detail index in column attributes and after several changes and an attempt to create a drop down list I received the attached error when closing then reopening the program. To fix the issue I uninstalled, deleted the database and reinstalled. Originally the detail index changes were working to reorder the visitor details screen and now it only reorders the new visitor screen. The other thing I noticed is that the detail index was originally all numbered in sequence and after reinstalling they were all set to 2147483647.
Attachments:
3 years 8 months ago
Doug Dotchin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Indexing isssue #6507
This is now functioning but only after I close and reopen the program. The new visitor screen will change without restarting but the visitor detail will not
3 years 8 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Indexing isssue #6511
Hi Doug,

Testing here shows that changing the list index does update when the changes are saved, however the detail index requires a restart.

However you can actually just click and drag the fields directly in both the list and the detail screens to reorder them, this is much easier than changing the index values manually.
Could you check that you are able to reorder them ok by dragging them directly on the visitor details screen ?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
3 years 8 months ago
Doug Dotchin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Indexing isssue #6512
Oh I am loving this stuff. We are extremely impressed with this software in Beta out of the gate. The experience is that of a 2nd or 3rd release not a beta. Nice work!
3 years 8 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Indexing isssue #6513
Glad you like it :)
We have done a lot of testing in house to make sure that it was as stable as possible, looks like we did an ok job....

Cheers,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.