Backside of Card Will Not Print in Color

2 years 11 months ago
Beth
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Backside of Card Will Not Print in Color #6819
I have been having issues with the backside of my card not printing in color. I had to mark a different ribbon in the software and it worked that was a few weeks ago. Now, when I print, the printer gives me an error about the ribbon being wrong. I need to get this printing issue resolved so I can print double-sided in color and not have to "trick" it into thinking the correct ribbon is being used. Can someone please help me?

Beth
2 years 11 months ago
Mike Quintanilla
Administrator
Administrator
More
Backside of Card Will Not Print in Color #6820
Hi Beth,
Since CardExchange has no real printer controls of its own and relies solely on pulling ALL information related to the printer from the printer driver this is a good place to start so go to the print tab, then printer properties and ensure that these properties match the driver properties within the windows driver. Can you please provide some specifics about your setup. What edition of CardExchange are you using and what type of printer make and model? Can you explain or provide screen shots of how the card template is configured as well.

Mike Quintanilla
Service and Support
2 years 11 months ago
Beth
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Backside of Card Will Not Print in Color #6822
Here's a couple of screen shots. My printer is the Fargo DTC4500e.

Beth
Attachments:
2 years 11 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Backside of Card Will Not Print in Color #6838
Hi Beth,

Sometimes the printer settings are read from the printing defaults instead of from printing preferences.
Can you please load the driver, click on advanced, then click on printing defaults and see if those settings match?

If not please change these and then ot should work after that.
We do not store any printer settings in CardExchange Producer, so it must be a setting in the driver.

Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.