Trust ID PBCEX logo 300x102

System Migration of v6.5.4.0 XP to W7

5 years 2 weeks ago 5 years 2 weeks ago by Christophe Doll.
Christophe Doll
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
System Migration of v6.5.4.0 XP to W7 #5483
Good afternoon.
We'll have soon to proceed at the migration of the badge edition system at a customer site.
The migration is from Windows XP to Windows 7 with new PC.
The actual System is based on CE v6.5.4.0 Ultimate (Installed March 2012) with 3 users.
First user is administrator using software license and the 2 other users are using dongle licenses.
Database: Oracle
Personalization: Mifare Desfire read/write + printing both side
Printer: Evolis Securion Mifare Desfire encoder Omnikey CL5321v2

License n °1: PC administrator

License n °2 - licensing via dongle: User 1

License n °3 - licensing via dongle: User 2

Using Sentinel v7.4.0

First question: Is CE v6.5.4.0 Ultimate and Sentinel v7.4.0 are compatible with Windows 7? Or need to be upgraded?
If yes (compatible with Windows 7), do you have document describing how to uninstall the application and reinstall it on the new PC.
If not (not compatible with Windows 7) what version of CE needs to be used and same do you have document describing how to uninstall the application and reinstall it on the new PC.
Thanks for your support.
best regards
5 years 2 weeks ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
System Migration of v6.5.4.0 XP to W7 #5484
Hello Christopher,

Version 6 is compatible with Windows 7, so you do not need to upgrade. Be aware that version 6 is updated and will not be supported for much anymore when version 10 comes out. There is a video abut how to move the installation to another computer, see www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxxYUxbGuFo&feature=youtu.be . Basically, you need top install CardExchange on the new computer, Reactivate the license on that computer and copy the data folder that contains the configuration.

You should never publish your activation codes a the public forum, so please edit your post and remove them.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
5 years 2 weeks ago
Christophe Doll
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
System Migration of v6.5.4.0 XP to W7 #5485
Thanks Rutger
I come back if any more questions
Best regards
5 years 2 weeks ago
Christophe Doll
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
System Migration of v6.5.4.0 XP to W7 #5500
Good afternoon Rutner,
One more item, on this application we are using a Sentinel driver v7.4.0 and it looks that this version is not W7 complient, can you send me the driver
I do not remember exactly what is this driver, but isn't it the Dongle driver, because 2 stations are with dongle licenses ?
Best regards
5 years 2 weeks ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
System Migration of v6.5.4.0 XP to W7 #5501
Hi Christophe,

You can download the latest dongle driver here:
cardexchangesolutions.com/id-card-softwa...rt/support-downloads

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
5 years 1 week ago
Christophe Doll
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
System Migration of v6.5.4.0 XP to W7 #5529
Hi Rutger,
I come back to you concerning the Sentinel driver to have a confirmation from your side.
The ultimate Sentinel driver on you website is v 7.5.0.
In the readme file of this version, it looks that this driver is only complient up to Vista
So can you confirm me if this version is full compliente with Windows 7-64 bits.
If not can you send me the compliente version
Thanks
best regards
5 years 1 week ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
System Migration of v6.5.4.0 XP to W7 #5530
Hello Christophe,

This driver is compliant with our dongles on Windows 7-64 bit. If you prefer to install the latest version of the driver, you can download it from this link, choosing the option Sentinel Driver.

www.safenet-inc.com/support-downloads/sentinel-drivers/

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.