Reverse side of card won't print color

5 years 1 month ago
Kenley
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Reverse side of card won't print color #5394
I am using the trial version. When I first installed CardExchange (Windows 8.1), I had problems with my driver for Magicard Rio Pro (double sided). It would not print color.

I removed and updated the driver for the printer. Now all applications print successfully to both sides of the card in color - except CardExchange. I can only get the front side in color, the reverse remains K resin only. The driver is correctly set to print color.

Is there a limitation in the trial version on color for the reverse?
What is causing this problem. I cannot purchase CardExchange if I can't get color!
5 years 1 month ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Reverse side of card won't print color #5402
Hi Kenley,

No the only limitation of the demo mode is that "Demo" is printed on the card.
The use of the mono or colour panels is specified by the printer driver, but you say it works ok from other applications ?

Could you check that clicking on printer properties in CardExchange shows the same settings as through the driver ?
Perhaps you could also try setting the printing defaults from the Windows driver as well, this is separate from the printing preferences and can sometimes affect things.

If this does not resolve the issue can you export the card design using the option under the configuration tab and email it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with a link to this post in the email ?

Many thanks,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
5 years 1 month ago 5 years 1 month ago by Oliver Büscher.
Oliver Büscher
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Reverse side of card won't print color #5404
Hi Kenley,

the best way to setup your Magicard Rio printer is, to set printing defaults. (before starting CardExchange)
(right click on printer --> properties --> "Advanced" tab --> Button "Printing defaults"

Please choose the following in "Printer" tab:

Card front should be something like this:

Card back like this:

After setting the printer defaults, start CardExchange and check the settings in CardExchange again. After that it should print full color on both sides.

Are you using YMCKO or YMCKOK ribbons for your printer?
Which firmware is installed?
Which driver version?

Best regards
Oliver
The following user(s) said Thank You Rutger Koperdraad, Craig Bechelli, Ingo Sterthaus, Kenley
5 years 1 month ago
Kenley
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Reverse side of card won't print color #5431
This solved the problem. This was the only way to access the version of the printer set-up that the printer was actually using.
Many thanks

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.