Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Activation Errors #4887
That is the least thing you should try.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
5 years 6 months ago
Ashley Yap
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Activation Errors #4896
ok. fix the printing issue. seems like the .net framework didn't install properly. reinstalling that works.
5 years 5 months ago
Ingo Sterthaus
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Activation Errors #5011
Hi Guys,

I had the same problem with the activation like Ashley on last Friday. Nothing was working neither Assistent, Website or License Manager was able to activate my license. Always got the error 10001 and a new code was generated in the license center.

So my question is why does the license center always generate a new code if 10001 happens and what should we do if 10001 happens?

Regards Ingo

We bring CardExchange to its limits. You can ask Rutger and Sergio. ;-)
5 years 5 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Activation Errors #5012
Hi Ingo,

I am investigating the issues we experience with the license activation, both the Error 10001 issue as the fact that sometime licenses appear as activated in the system but without machine ID. If have some problem again and the activation is not to urgent, please send me the information so I can do the activation. Seeing the issue happening is a great help in understanding it.

We are in the process of replacing the entire licensing system as the current one has got outdated and expect to release that in the beginning of next year.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
5 years 5 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Activation Errors #5019
Hi Ingo,

The errors 10001 and 10021 have been fixed on the license server and should not occur anymore. However, since the traffic on our license server is getting very high, activation might still be slow.

When activating with the CardExchange activation wizard, a timeout occurs if the activation is not successful within three minutes. If that happens, we recommend to wait for five minutes and then try it again. Most likely, your activation request was just queued on the license server and executed successfully after the timeout. If so, the second activation attempt will return the activated license in just a few seconds.

If you try it again too quickly after a timeout, you might get the error

License activation failed for serial number 54707:
System.Exception: Cannot generate the license(s).
The authorization code has exhausted the activation count.

If that happens, just wait for five minutes and then try again.

We are planning to migrate the licensing system to a new version of the underlying Sentinel software in January. With the new system, the activation will be much faster and the high activation traffic should be much more manageable.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.