failure in accessing license file

7 years 3 months ago
raymond
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
failure in accessing license file #2751
I'm trying to load the license file in the license manager and I'm getting the error below

sentinel RMS Development kit Error [143] Failure in accessing the license file

Details

Small Business license v 6 .

please help ..

thanks
7 years 3 months ago 7 years 3 months ago by Rutger Koperdraad.
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
failure in accessing license file #2752
Please, make sure that the environment variable LSERVRC contains a valid file name in an accessible directory. The file does not need to exist, but the directory does.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
7 years 3 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
failure in accessing license file #2753
Make sure thet LSERVRC references a file, not a directory!

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
7 years 3 months ago
raymond
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
failure in accessing license file #2754
the .lic file is stored on the shared folder on the M drive under a folder name card data license .

the exact location is below

M:\card data license\30426 - Replacement 30418 (10-3DC57).lic

what should the variable value be ?
7 years 3 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
failure in accessing license file #2755
1. The LSERVRC environment variable should reference a file, for example,
"M:\card data license\CardExchange.lic". In your screen shot the variable referenced teh folder instead of the file.

2. You have to store the lic file on a temporary location. After that, you can start the Wlmadmin.exe tool to load the license codes from the temporary file into the license manager. The license manager will then store them in the file path of the LSERVRC variable.

This document: dl.dropbox.com/u/41923064/Documents/CESBSInstall.pdf , explains the steps needed to install the Small Business Server. If you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself, please, request installation support with your distributor or our sales department.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

7 years 3 months ago
raymond
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
failure in accessing license file #2756
I have done exactly that ..the directory exists but the actual file does not

using M:\card data license\CardExchange.lic as the variable value .

the lic file is stored on my desktop now, when i run wlmadmin.exe and i add the .lic using add feature -from a file - to server and its file i'm still getting my original error

sentinel RMS Development kit Error [143] Failure in accessing the license file
7 years 3 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
failure in accessing license file #2757
Hi Raymond,

The License Manager is normally running under a local system account. I can imagine that that account does not have access to the network drive. I advise you to have the LSERVRC variable reference a local file. As long as you keep the *.lic you received backed up in a safe place, there is no need to have the local file being backed up.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

7 years 3 months ago
raymond
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
failure in accessing license file #2758
the network drive is a shared drive ...it is accessible by all ..
i have changed it to reference reference the c drive but i'm still getting the same error

see image attached
Attachments:
7 years 3 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
failure in accessing license file #2759
Hi Raymond,

This is image is not readable on teh forum. Could you post it with a higher resolution or send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.?

thanks,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

7 years 3 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
failure in accessing license file #2763
Hi Raymond, I received the images. Make sure that the folder C:\carddatalicense exists and thet the local system account (more precisely, the account under which the Sentinel RMS License Manager runs, whicnh is normally teh Local System account) has full read write access to that folder.

if it still does not work, I-m afraid we have to setup an online meeting later this week to sort it out. Please, let me know when you are available for that.

regards,
Rutger,

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.