When trying to activate a license, our end users are sometimes confronted with the following error message:
-- Activation Info --
Date=Tuesday, November 06, 2012
ErrorMessage=Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\CardExchange\License\lservrc' is denied.
This error occurs because CardExchange® has been installed under the administrator account and the default location of the Database folder has not been changed to a location where all CardExchange® users have full read/write access. Now, another user tries to activate the license but the system has no access to the folder where the license codes need to be stored.
This problem can easily be solved by following these steps:
1. Log in to the computer with the Administrator account.
2. Open Notepad with administrator permissions.
3. Open the file C:\Program Files (x86)\ExchangeIt\CardExchange\CardExchange.ini with Notepad.
4. Look up the entries DataDirectory= and LicenseDirectory=.
5. Move both folders to a location where all CardExchange users have full read/write access and that is backed up on a regular basis.
6. Adapt the two entries in the CardExchange.ini file to the new situation.
7. Save CardExchange.ini and close Notepad.
8. Run CardExchange and activate the license. If you cannot activate in CardExchange anymore, you are running an old version and should consider upgrading. If you do not want to upgrade, you can still activate CardExchange via our website (