Printing a record using simulated keyboard entry

6 years 11 months ago
George Redpath
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Printing a record using simulated keyboard entry #3502
I have a database of 20,000 card holders and need to reprint every badge. I also have to print the card against an existing internal card number. From a USB port I will send the card number which will correspond to a record in the database to printed. The record shown then be recalled from the database and printed.
I am starting out with Card Exchange and any help would be appreciated. I assume we will need to use the Ultimate edition.
Regards
George
6 years 11 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Printing a record using simulated keyboard entry #3503
Hi George,

The edition you need for connecting to a relational database is the Professional edition. The Ultimate adds contactless encoding and advanced scripting to that, but you probably don't need that.

You can configure CardExchange to connect to he database and have the card number being shown as first field in the name list on the main window. Above the name list is a search box and if you type the card number there, the correct record is automatically selected. To have he card printed you would need an additional F6 key stroke.

I suggest that you install the demo version of CardExchange to experiment with this.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.