7 years 10 months ago
Emiel
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Getting the list of failed cards #2399
Hi,

I would like to develop a program to print batches of cards on a certain printer. Let's say I have 100 cards and after printing 3 of these failed to print for some reason. I need a way to get a list of these three cards to reprint them. I read that CE does keep track of a list of cards that have already been printed. I would like to get the list cards that have NOT been printed yet or have failed. Is this possible?

Also, when a card fails to print, is the next record printed on the next card or the current one?

Thanks in advance,

Emiel
7 years 10 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Getting the list of failed cards #2405
Hi Emiel,

As the very last step in the printing process, CardExchange writes the data specified in the storage-item mappings back to the database. That means that if a card that fails to print, the corresponding storage item is not processed, which helps you locating these records.

Alternatively, you can instruct CardExchange to store a special value the storage item when a failure occurs. To do so, you need to click the Advanced button in the storage-{items page of the data-definition wizard.

You have to be aware that printing can be successful from a software point of view, but still fail on a hardware level, for example, because a card jam occurs. In that case, CardExchange would not be aware that a problem occurred and the storage item is processed nevertheless.

Smart-card encoding errors always cause errors on a software level and are detected fine by CardExchange. Other types of errors are often hardly detectable from the software.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
7 years 9 months ago
Emiel
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Getting the list of failed cards #2453
Hi Rutger,

a late response from my side, but I wanted to let you know that this solution works. I'm now able to print cards from my own software. Thanks for your help.

Emiel
The following user(s) said Thank You Rutger Koperdraad

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.