7 years 10 months ago
Ufot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
CardExchange Print Server #2374
Hello!

We currently have CardExchange Ultimate 6.5.3.0 installed on a virtual machine in our domain and the only time we use it is when there´s a need to change a card design. For cardprinting I use database, triggers and the automated printing function.

My question is if there´s any way to make this even more automated? For our current solution to work someones needs to log on to the computer, start the CardExchange software and then activate the automated printing function. Is there any way to make the automated printing start as a windows service or something similar? I´ve noticed a "CardExchange Print Server" shortcut in my "Start->Exchangeit" folder but it needs activation so I don´t know what it´s for.

Best regards

/ Johan
7 years 10 months ago 7 years 10 months ago by Sergio Agostinho.
Sergio Agostinho
Administrator
Administrator
More
CardExchange Print Server #2375
Hi Johan,

No, for now the only way to use CardExchange or CardExchange Print Server is to log in on the system, load the software, and start the auto print. Your request was added to our todo list in order to be discussed.

With best regards
Sergio Agostinho
7 years 10 months ago
Ufot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
CardExchange Print Server #2376
Hi Sergio!

Thanks for your quick reply.

Could it be possible to log on to the computer and then launch the "CardExchange Print Server" function/shortcut to enable the auto print function instead of launching the CardExchange software and then enable the auto print function?

If that was possible it would be the next best thing since those steps could be achieved through AutoLogon- and Task Scheduler settings in a Group Policy Object.

Best Regards
Johan
7 years 10 months ago 7 years 10 months ago by Rutger Koperdraad. Reason: typos
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
CardExchange Print Server #2377
Hi Ufot,

You can set the option
[AutomatedPrinting]
AutoStart=True
in the CardExchange.ini file to have automatic printing start automatically when you start CardExchange. Then, you can add a shortcut to the Windows start menu to have CardExchange start automatically when the virtual machine is started. Maybe you can even start eh virtual machine automatically.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
7 years 10 months ago
Sergio Agostinho
Administrator
Administrator
More
CardExchange Print Server #2378
Hi,

With that option for automated print start, is possible to use windows auto-login to avoid the authentication step when windows starts. And if you add the CardExchange shortcut to the Startup menu of windows CardExchange will start automatically too.
I think there is still available a vmware server distribution that can runs a virtual machine even without logging in on the host pc, but i never used it yet.

With best regards
Sergio Agostinho
7 years 9 months ago
Ufot
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
CardExchange Print Server #2458
Thanks Rutger!

That solved my problem! :) I used GPO to automatically log on to the machine and start the CardExchange software with [AutomatedPrinting] set to true.

Sergio: We use VMware vSphere 5 which is installed directly on to the server hardware. All virtual machines are therefore always up and running without any host pc. :)

Best regards
Johan

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.