Print selection of users ID cards

11 years 5 months ago
egumo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Print selection of users ID cards #153
Card Exchange is currently setup as follows: the first database is the contact manager and containing all users data (FirstName,LastName). The second database is used to store the mifare UID numbers (ID, FirstName, LastName, MifareUID). We have to re-print 200 cards and have a CSV file of users first name and last name.

Question: Can we use the CSV file to setup the autoprint for the 200 cards? If so, How can we set this up?
11 years 5 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Print selection of users ID cards #155
Hi Eric,

The following post contains an example of how to maintain a print counter in a CSV database, which is quite tricky, because the OleDb engine doesn't allow CSV records to be updated: http://www.cardexchange.eu/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=30 .

I was wondering whether this mechanism could be used somehow to enable automatic printing for CSV files too, but I don't think that is possible. The entire automated printing functionality is build around the idea of updating a field in the cardholders table after a record has been printed, and that is just what is not possible with CSV databases.

I would suggest to switch to using a real database, which in any case is a lot better than CSV when data integrity and security is concerned. I'm always wondering why people are still using CSV files. They seem to be inextinguishable.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.