Unable to store photo in database

6 years 2 days ago
Derek
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to store photo in database #6029
I have been trying to follow the several threads involving the storage of photos in databases, but I have been unable to get this to work.

I keep getting an error message saying the software is unable to store the photo due to a data type mismatch in criteria expression. I am using CardExchange Premium 9.1. The database I am attempting to store the photo in is an MS Access 2007 database with a column named "Photo".

I have followed all the instructions I have been able to find. The only issue I am having is in the card designer under the Data tab Photo is showing up under Database Columns and not Storage Items even though I have this set up to be a storage item. So I may be unable to access a few settings that would correct my issue. I have no issues storing photos when I use one of the pre-programmed generic databases that comes with the software, but I have to this point been unable to store a photo in one of my own databases.
6 years 2 days ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Unable to store photo in database #6030
Hi Derek,

Could you confirm the data type of the column in the Access database ?
This needs to be a Binary Long Object field in order to store images.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
6 years 1 day ago
Derek
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to store photo in database #6031
Simple mistake. I corrected the issue.

New issue: Is it possible to have more than 1 photo per ID? I have IDs that have the person's photo, their signature, and their thumb print. All are JPEG that I import into the IDs. Nothing is taken live. I have been able to embed the signature and photo into the database, but I have not been able to embed the thumb print (JPEG) into the database as well. Even though I set it as a different column in the database, and a different storage item, the person's photo keeps showing up in the thumb print spot.
5 years 11 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Unable to store photo in database #6037
Hi Derek,

You can only have one actual "Photo" field on the card, this is then available for the camera/import options with CardExchange.

What you can do though is to add variable images, essentially they are the same and give you the same options but they are designed to be used with things like logos or backgrounds etc...
You can use multiple variable images on the same design without any issues.

Hope that helps,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)