Unable to store print date or insert/update record

6 years 6 months ago
jim
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to store print date or insert/update record #5502
Hello, just set up v 9.1 with an access mdb backend. I have successfully set up Print Count item, but I am unable to capture the print date. I have even set the field to prompt for a value--which it does, but no value is written to the database. As mentioned, the counter works flawlessly.

Also I am unable to edit/insert records. In the data window, when I change any value, the form greys out and appears to requery the data list??/

Any recommendations to get these things working?
Thanks, Jim
6 years 6 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Unable to store print date or insert/update record #5507
Hi Jim,

Do you have storage items setup in the last page of the database setup wizard ?
Here you set what fields you wish to write back to at print time, then in the designer you can select these storage items and set what is written back into them (eg print date)..

Regarding the adding/editing, do you have add/edit records enabled in the database setup ?
If so could you try updating to V9.2 from downloads.cardexchangesolutions.com/updates/v9/ceupdate9.exe

Let me know how you get on.
Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
6 years 5 months ago
jim
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to store print date or insert/update record #5522
Craig, I have updated the software to version 9.2 and now the print date is working as well as data editing.

Unfortunately, our logo is no longer printing with a transparent background. I previously had placed a red background rectangle with the image overlaying it. The logo is white with the background transparent which properly printed prior to the update. Please help.
Attachments:
6 years 5 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Unable to store print date or insert/update record #5523
Hi Jim,

if you load the card designer, click on the blue file icon in top left and click on page setup.
On the template tab you need to uncheck the option to print using the GDI+ print engine.

This should then allow the transparencies to print as before.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
6 years 5 months ago
jim
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to store print date or insert/update record #5531
Thanks Craig, the printing is now corrected.

Can you tell me if there is a way to have the Print Date storage item just set the current date--presently, I am prompted every time I print to enter the date?
6 years 5 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Unable to store print date or insert/update record #5532
Hi Jim,

Yes in the card designer you can select the storage item and change the source to be print date, this will then automatically store the current date at print time.
From the menu on the left select the data tab, the storage items will be at the bottom.
Select the one for the date and in the properties window change the drop down in the content tab to be print date.
You can also specify the date format here.

Hope that helps,
Craig

Craig Bechelli