How do I stimulate printing and reading of a card

12 years 4 months ago
richardbeal
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
How do I stimulate printing and reading of a card #331
Card Exchange is set up to 'read' the Mifare card No from the 'printer'. I dont actually have the printer and only have a Contactless USB card reader.

How can I simulate printing and then the reading of a card ?
The printer I can pretend is the Microsoft XPS Document Writer. That seems OK.
But what about the reading of a card ?

Ultimately I want to put this CardID and some of the card data (like FullName) into a CSV file that Salto will import (and then delete).
12 years 4 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
How do I stimulate printing and reading of a card #332
Hello Richard,

There are actually three things you can do. In all cases you have to select a virtual printer like the Microsoft XPS Document Writer and you have to select the correct Mifare reader in the Mifare definition.

The first possibilty is to insttruct CardExchange to do inline encoding. If the name of the printer starts with "Microsoft", CardExchange will skip the commands for moving the card into encoder position automatically and assume that you have put a card on your encoder already. For this option you have to set the configuration like this:

[attachment=2:1q0ow2iz]<!-- ia2 -->Possibility 1.JPG<!-- ia2 -->[/attachment:1q0ow2iz]

The other possibility is that you switch on the option "Do you want to put teh card on the smart-card reader manually". Now, CardExchange will first print the card and then ask you to put the card on the Mifare reader. After you did that and clicked OK, the encoding is done. PLease, see the configuration below.

[attachment=1:1q0ow2iz]<!-- ia1 -->Possibility 2.JPG<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:1q0ow2iz]

The third option is to do encoding only and no printing. For this option you have to deselect "Do you want to enable printing". Please, see the configuration below.

[attachment=0:1q0ow2iz]<!-- ia0 -->Possibility 3.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1q0ow2iz]

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago
richardbeal
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
How do I stimulate printing and reading of a card #334
Hi Rutger, thanks for your fast reply. I tried all those with the same issue. Let me show you some screenshots to explain what I mean.

I'm using Option 2:
1. Print card.
2. Dialogue as shown. OK
[attachment=2:1tla6hrv]<!-- ia2 -->Image1.jpg<!-- ia2 -->[/attachment:1tla6hrv]
3. Save print file as shown. Save.
[attachment=1:1tla6hrv]<!-- ia1 -->Image2.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment:1tla6hrv]
4. Card Exchange Engine: Place card on Mifare Reader. OK.
[attachment=0:1tla6hrv]<!-- ia0 -->Image3.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1tla6hrv]
(note at this stage I just have a USB card reader which emulates a keyboard). Its at this point it would be nice to interject a card no to simulate this process. This is what my question was about.
5. Error encoding card message: OK.
6. Contactless Encoding message: selecting print without mifare encoding will work of course.
7. OK.
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago
richardbeal
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
How do I stimulate printing and reading of a card #335
Here are the other pictures.
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
How do I stimulate printing and reading of a card #336
Hi Richard,

If you are using a keyboard-wedge card reader, you are not using one of the readers that is supported by the Mifare definition. CardExchange currently doesn't support keyboard-wedge Mifare readers. You have to use one of the supported readers., like DigiOn24, OmnKey or GemEasy.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
12 years 4 months ago
richardbeal
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
How do I stimulate printing and reading of a card #337
Hi Rutger,
is it possible to have some sort of SW 'emulator' card reader that I can enter this cardID in manually or via say a test.ini file ?
12 years 4 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
How do I stimulate printing and reading of a card #344
Hi Richard,

In theory we could, but it is not something have received a request for so far. If you want to test the printing process without Mifare, you can disable Mifare and replace mappings to the chip serial number by for example a manual data entry mapping. In the end, for a real good test, you will need a Mifare reader that CardExchange supports. If this is so important for you that you really want us to build it, you'll have to contact the sales department ( sales@exchangeit24.com ) and request an offer for customization.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

12 years 4 months ago
richardbeal
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
How do I stimulate printing and reading of a card #351
Hi Rutger,
OK once I got the CSV file issue fixed, then this became more obvious.
You still use the MS XPS printer, once you press no encoding -

[attachment=0:2y339t8z]<!-- ia0 -->Image1.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:2y339t8z]

then CE will write the ROMcode to be zero and create the CSV entry. This is enough to test.

thanks again

Richard
Attachments:
12 years 4 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
How do I stimulate printing and reading of a card #353
Hi Richard,

That basically menas that you're just testing whether the sotorager items work properly. I'm happy to hear that they do!

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer