10 years 3 months ago
Emiel
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Problem with storing values in Excel #1750
Hi,

while processing cards and storing them in Excel I get the following error message mostly after processing about 4 cards:

[attachment=0:ss7m6umc]<!-- ia0 -->error.PNG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:ss7m6umc]

I just store all the mifare ids I read in this 'database'. It seems to read the chip serial number correctly, but does not want to store it.

The excel file consists of an id and a mifare id column, where id is just a global counter.

What could be the cause of this error popping up?

Thanks in advance.

Emiel
Attachments:
10 years 3 months ago
Marcel Oosterhof
Administrator
Administrator
More
Problem with storing values in Excel #1752
Hi Emiel,

I suppose you are using the Multiple Database Server functionality were you are connected to a leading database and write back information to the Excel file? If so, please make sure that you use the Unique ID of the leading database as the unique ID for the Excel file. That means that you need to connect the ID of the Excel file to the database column of the leading database that contains the unique ID. Every time you print a card, CE will check if that record is available in the Excel file and depending on that result will update the field or insert a new record otherwise the MifareID column will be empty and you have probably defined this column as the PK of the Excel file, and in that case, the error message is correct because a PK field is not allowed to be null if it refers to a unique record.

Marcel Oosterhof
Support Team

Simplicity means an easy to use interface even for complex solutions...
10 years 3 months ago
Emiel
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Problem with storing values in Excel #1753
Ah ok. Yes I'm using two databases, one with a fixed number of records and an empty one (which is the Excel file) in which records are inserted for every record in the source db. The destination db will contain the read mifare ids

So if I understand you correctly, I could better use the same database for input (with a fixed number of records) as for output and update the values instead of inserting them with an automatically incrementing id. This database would then be the Excel file or a comma separated file.

Hope I've made myself clear.

Regards,

Emiel
10 years 3 months ago
Marcel Oosterhof
Administrator
Administrator
More
Problem with storing values in Excel #1755
Hi Emiel,

What you basically do is create at least the following fields:

ID
CSNID

Now you connect the Storage item to the CSNID and select the PK column from the main database you read from. You will see that CE automatically creates the ID's for you.

Marcel Oosterhof
Support Team

10 years 3 months ago
Emiel
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Problem with storing values in Excel #1759
Marcel,

I managed to do it this way.

Thanks.

Regards,

Emiel
10 years 3 months ago
Marcel Oosterhof
Administrator
Administrator
More
Problem with storing values in Excel #1760
Hi Emiel,

That is great to hear! Good luck with the production.

Marcel Oosterhof
Support Team