8 years 9 months ago
ray_brp
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Connecting to SQL Server #1651
Hi,

I would just like to know if we will connect the card exchange software to a sql database server, and we have a huge data in our sql server, is it normal that when we connect it takes a long time to view my design and the data on it in ce?

if it is normal, is their any way that we could open this less than an hour or less than 30mins?

ray_brp
8 years 9 months ago
Marcel Oosterhof
Administrator
Administrator
More
Connecting to SQL Server #1689
Hi,

Of course loading the data from a SQL Server can take some time and is related to the amount of data being loaded. It is also depending on the version of CardExchange® you are using. For version 6 we did a major database engine modification were we tested with 100.000 records loaded in seconds. Of course it is also depending were you connect to... are you connecting to a table directly or a view? If the view is a join between different tables it can be slow down the system. You would be able to test this with the SQL Manager. If you connect directly to a table it is important that the table is indexed... Anyway there are a lot of options to be checked but 30 minutes to load data into CE is to long so something is not correct... Maybe you can provide a little bit more information about your situation...

Marcel Oosterhof
Support Team

Simplicity means an easy to use interface even for complex solutions...
8 years 8 months ago
ray_brp
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Connecting to SQL Server #1762
thank you for the info, i think I have a way to open it up fast, i use the filtering. one more question, can we connect the software into sybase database server? if so what are necessary options or settings i have to do...?
8 years 8 months ago
Marcel Oosterhof
Administrator
Administrator
More
Connecting to SQL Server #1763
Hi,

Connections to Sybase are not supported native by CardExchange®. Most of the available native drivers are paid drivers and therefore hard for us to embed with regards to our license policies for external products. You can buy ODBC drivers for connecting to Sybase. These ODBC drivers can be called from out of CardExchange®. As far as I can see are these drivers not free neither.

Marcel Oosterhof
Support Team

Simplicity means an easy to use interface even for complex solutions...

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.