7 years 3 weeks ago
Mauricio Florez
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Oracle client version #4754
Hi Guys:

One of our customers is migrating from an old PC running XP to a new PC running windows 7 (64 bits).

I installed CE 7.2.6.0 and oracle client 11.2.0 (64 bits), but i'm having an error that tells me that the provider is not compatible with the version of oracle client.

I had been trying to dowload the ISO image from your partners web site but the download always cut unfinished.

Does you ISO includes 32 and 64 bits clients? I tried ODBC inside CE but it doesn't work neither.

The databse use TNS and it works while testing thru the ODBC manager.

Regards,

Mauricio Florez
7 years 3 weeks ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Oracle client version #4755
Hi Mauricio,

CardExchange works with the Oracle.DataAccess,dll version 2.112.2.0, which corresponds to Oracle 11.2. CardExchange run as as a 32-bit application, and I'm not sure whether that works well with a 64-bit client. no reports about that have been posted on this forum. You can download the correct client also from the Oracle website, if our website is giving trouble.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)