8 years 9 months ago
Mauricio Florez
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Oracle 11g Error #2775
Hi Rutger:

I'm using CE 7.1 to connect to oracle 11g, i made the conection using the native client without no problem, i can even browse the database fields names using the Database assitant, but once i want to use the designer to connect with a database field it shows me the attached error.

Help me please, kind regards,

MFM
Attachments:
8 years 9 months ago
Sergio Agostinho
Administrator
Administrator
More
Oracle 11g Error #2779
Hi Mauricio,

It looks like it's a syntax issue on the select sent to the Oracle DB. You can find in the Data folder a log file called DataExchange.log, open it and try to run the select sentence that appears before the error directly on an Oracle query client to confirm the syntax of it.

Looking forward for your feed-back

With best regards
Sergio Agostinho
8 years 9 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Oracle 11g Error #2782
Hi Mauricio,

Please upgrade to dl.dropbox.com/u/41923064/Installers/CardExchange7100d.exe and let me know whether that fixes the issue.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
8 years 9 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Oracle 11g Error #2790
Hi Mauricio,

Can you please try to open the database setup and walk through the wizard until the end, pressing Finish. Is the problem still occuring after you have done that?

regards.
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
8 years 9 months ago
Mauricio Florez
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Oracle 11g Error #2792
Hi Rutger:

Running the wizard again with version 7.1.0.0.d, solved the problem with the Select statement.

But now as the DB is big (38.000 records), the CE is losing the conection very often and we have to use the update button to reconnect. This doesn't happend with CE 6.5.3. Any suggestions?

By the way, unfortunately the table view that we are using doesn't have an auto numeric, so the primary key is duplicated for some users, is there any way to void the primary key protección to print one a user card?

Kind Regards,

MFM
8 years 9 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Oracle 11g Error #2793
Hi Mauricio,

CardExchange is not maintaining connection with the database open. Each time data is needed it sends an SQL command to the database and receives the response. By pressing Refresh in the Data menu, you force teh data to be reloaded. I'm not sure is that is what you mean with using the update button. Wat exactly happens when you loose connection?

Regarding the primary key there are two options: have the database generate them (default) or type them manually when you insert a record. In Oracle you need to use sequences for the database to generate unique keys, as autonumber fields as in SQL Server do not exist.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer