mySQL database connection

9 years 1 month ago
cindy enos
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
mySQL database connection #2315
We connected once to the mysql db, but it fails connection every time now, we have contacted the mysql data base admin, and they have check all connections, and can connect using our ip and gateway numbers. We are using an eval. copy to test but need to know it that is what is causing the connection problem to the database.

an error occurred while loading the list of names:
Access denied for user
"This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
using password: yes

in order to see if this software will work for us we need to know that it will connect to the mysql database. I have added another connection with the same user and pw did not connect. have changed locations, have removed data definition in wizard. strange thing is when I quit and restart software the data definition is back in the user. So I'm thinking that it is not removing it. any clues?
9 years 1 month ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
mySQL database connection #2316
CardExchange can definitely connect to MySQL and that has been done in many projects before. You also state that you managed to connect once, so the possibility exists. It seems that there is some rights issue with either the Windows user or the MySQL user that is used to logon. Please, make sure that the MySQL users is authorized for the tables used in CardExchange and also for the schema information of the database.

I'm not sure what you mean with removing the data definition in the wizard. CardExchange remembers all its settings and if you delete something it should be remembered to. Maybe you can include some screen shots to clarify.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
9 years 1 month ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
mySQL database connection #2317
There is no relation to using CardExchange in evaluation mode. The demo version offers full functionality, just printing DEMO over the cards to avoid abuse.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)