Trust ID PBCEX logo 300x102

Oracle 10g upgrade from 9i

10 years 5 months ago
JHicks
More
Topic Author
Oracle 10g upgrade from 9i #777
A customer is planning to upgrade the Card Exchange Oracle database from 9i to 10g (10.2.0.4.).
Are thier any issues with this or would you expect any changes /reconfigurations with CardExchahnge.

I am hoping the upgrade is irelevant to the configuration and things just keep on working assuming all database names / ip adresses etc remain the same.

Thanks

Jason Hicks MBA
National Service & Projects Manager
[Practical Peripherals Corporation Pty Ltd (Australia) http://www.ppc.com.au ]
"No we don't really eat much Kangaroo meat here, Cows are much easier to catch"
10 years 5 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Oracle 10g upgrade from 9i #778
Hi Jason,

CardExchange currently supports both Oracle 9 and 10 servers and can be upgraded to higher version upon request. The configuration is exactly the same.

The version of the Oracle .NET Data Provider that has to be installed on the client side needs to match the version integrated in CardExchange, which is 10.2 for the current version of CardExchange. Even if the server runs Oracle 9, you need to install version 10.2 on the client.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
10 years 5 months ago
Marcel Oosterhof
Administrator
Administrator
More
Oracle 10g upgrade from 9i #779
Hi Jason,

That Oracle version is available for download at the Partner Area on the ExchangeIt site. You will receive your login information for that this week.

Cheers.

Marcel Oosterhof
Support Team

Simplicity means an easy to use interface even for complex solutions...

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.