Employee number started printing with a .0

6 years 7 months ago
Debra Graulich
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Employee number started printing with a .0 #3947
Cards I have been using have suddenly started adding a decimal point and zero ( .0) to my employee number and badge numbers pulled from the database.
I can find nothing that defines the number except leading zeros ( suppress)
I have made no changes to the card definition since the last printing and do not know what caused this to start.
Any incite would be appreciated
6 years 7 months ago
Sergio Agostinho
Administrator
Administrator
More
Employee number started printing with a .0 #3949
Hi Debra,

Please make sure you don't have any concatenation mapped into that object or any prefix defined for it either.

With best regards
Sergio Agostinho
6 years 7 months ago 6 years 7 months ago by Rutger Koperdraad.
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Employee number started printing with a .0 #3951
Hi Debra,

In the designer, properties window, content tab, you can set the number format, like shown in the screen shot below.

This example specifies that the minimal number of digits should be four and that the number should be an integer (Excel often delivers the numeric values as floating points).

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
Attachments:
6 years 7 months ago
Debra Graulich
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Employee number started printing with a .0 #3958
Not to sound lost.... I am in the designer (6) and can find no content tab.
6 years 7 months ago 6 years 7 months ago by Rutger Koperdraad.
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Employee number started printing with a .0 #3959
Hi Debra,

You're lost in the past: we're at version 9 now ;) . Anyway: also in version 6 numeric formatting is possible too:

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
Attachments:
6 years 7 months ago
Debra Graulich
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Employee number started printing with a .0 #3960
Interesting enough, I have kept up with all the updates and have version 9 , however the designer seems to have a mind of it's own and has remained at 6, suggestions.
6 years 7 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Employee number started printing with a .0 #3961
Hi Debra,

Version 9 is still fully backward compatible with version 6 and includes the old designer. In Configuration - Advanced options you can tell whether you want new cards to be designed with the old or the new designer. You can also tell there to show a migration button, which makes it possible to migrate version 6 designs to version 7 designs. It is up to you whether you do that. If the existing designs work fine, you can just leave them like that. however, support on the old designer will be limited and stop somewhere in the next few years.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.