7 years 6 months ago
robert
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Losing connection to SQL db every time after print #2860
Hi
Have CE 6,5 Ultimate connected to a SQL server.
Printing on a maifarecard.
First time print out cards it is normally working.
But after that and I am trying aging to print out cards is has lost the connection to the SQL server
and this is always the same after printing it is losing the connection.
Sometimes it can also lose the connection when looking at different members.
Have to restart CE for it to get access to the SQL.
Do you have any solutions on this ?

When using LanguageCode=DA in the init file the names on the printed cards are like this (Robert) (Kirkovics) my be a error on all the versions !
Attachments:
7 years 6 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Losing connection to SQL db every time after print #2861
Hi Robert,

Please, indicate what errors "loosing the connection" is causing. CardExchange does not maintain open connections, but reconnects whenever a query is performed.

The error with the brackets exists since many version behind, but was never reported. It will be fixed in subsequent versions. in the meanwhile, the concatenation mapping can be used.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
7 years 6 months ago
robert
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Losing connection to SQL db every time after print #2862
Hi Rutger
The error is showed in the Attach dok.
I don´t know how I can explain it in another way only that the connection I lost and
you are not able to scroll round in the data !

Can you show me how to make the names in the concatenation mapping.

Regards Robert
7 years 6 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Losing connection to SQL db every time after print #2863
Hi Robert,

There is no attached document, except for the .ced file that did not correctly upload. Could you please make a screen shot of the errors you get, zip them and attach teh zip file?

thank you,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
7 years 6 months ago
robert
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Losing connection to SQL db every time after print #2864
Hi Rutger
Ok I try agin.
I also send it with the email I get.
Regards Robert
7 years 6 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Losing connection to SQL db every time after print #2868
Hi Robert,

Hi did not receive a zip file so far. Please use This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you cannot get the file over via this forum.\

Thank you,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

7 years 6 months ago 7 years 6 months ago by Rutger Koperdraad. Reason: layout
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Losing connection to SQL db every time after print #2871
Hi Robert,

the error is

Cannot read data from [database].
A network-related or instance specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provide: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server).

Are you printing to a network printer? It sounds very much like there is some network or network configuration problem on that computer. CardExchange reconnects for every query, so it seems the network gets blocked somehow by the action of printing.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

7 years 6 months ago
robert
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Losing connection to SQL db every time after print #2872
Hi Rutger
No network printer. The printer is a Zebra ZXP8 connected to the USB on the PC where CE runs.
The maifare no is read and put into the database then the card is printed.
I can select 10 records and print it, therafter trying to print another record the connection is lost.
The same is when just printing one record, after the printout, the database connection is lost.
So why is it that it can print 10 records in a row ?

Regards Robert
7 years 6 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Losing connection to SQL db every time after print #2873
Hi Robert,

Something is probably wrong with the leasing of your IP addresses. Could you try to connect to SQL Server with an IP address instead of a server name? That might solve the problem.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

7 years 6 months ago
robert
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Losing connection to SQL db every time after print #2883
Hi Rutger
It look like it is more stable but it is still looses the connection.
We are going to print 1500 cards so I will let you know how is performing.

Best regards
Robert

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.