7 years 11 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Microsoft.ACE.OLDEB.12.0 file not found #2372
A customer wrote:

We are trying to install the program and it is saying that it doesn't have the proper system for installation. We keep getting a message that states: "Microsoft.ACE.OLDEB.12.0" File cannot be found. Please, let me know how to fix this problem ASAP I need it up and running by wednesday morning.

Answer:
First of all, if you want to solve issue ASAP, please, use this forum, as you will be in touch directly with the developer, and probably you will even find the anwer already.

What happens is that your sytem does not have Office 2007 installed and therefore fails showing the preloaded sample designs, which connect Excel 2007 files.

You can do three things:

1. Remove the sample designs from CardExchange by emptying the CardExchange folder (My documents\CardExcxhange\Data). Obviously, this has the disadvantage that you cannot use any of the preloaded database or designs. You will start with an empty CardExchange window.

2. Install the Microsoft Office 2007 System Driver from www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=23734 . This will not install Office 2007, but just the engine that allows CardExchange to communicate with Office 2007 files.

3. Install Office 2007.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
7 years 11 months ago
Nancie Miller
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Microsoft.ACE.OLDEB.12.0 file not found #2379
Hi,

Since this software is not compatible with Office 2010, is there an upgrade for the software? We just purcahsed this and I am disappointed that it is not compatible.

Thank you,

Nancie Miller
7 years 11 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Microsoft.ACE.OLDEB.12.0 file not found #2380
Hi Nancie,

CardExchange is perfectly compatible with Office 2010 files (Excel and Access), as the files use the same format as Office 2007. Are you having a specific error message?

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.