Unable to Modify, Add, or Delete records from DB

7 years 11 months ago
David Landry
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to Modify, Add, or Delete records from DB #2319
I'm using the employee database in Excel and I can no longer add, update, or delete records in it. I made sure the employee$ was selected, but it seems that the actual file is corrupt. I'd like to go to a plain empty DB if possible but anything I copy into the directory doesn't resolve the problem.

Any ideas?
7 years 11 months ago
David Landry
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to Modify, Add, or Delete records from DB #2320
Forgot to mention that I have upgraded to the latest version 7.0 to see if that resolved the problem. No luck.
7 years 11 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Unable to Modify, Add, or Delete records from DB #2322
Hi David,

Thank you for using the forum. Most likely, your database definition connects to a named region instead of a work sheet, which complicates editing the database as soon as you start adding records.

Please, go to Configuration - Edit data definition and navigate to the second page. In the View name box you will see the name of the "table" you have connected to. If this name ends with a dollar sign ($), it refers to a work sheet, otherwise it is a named region. Please, make sure to select a worksheet, for example, "Employee$" rather than "Employee".

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
7 years 11 months ago
David Landry
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to Modify, Add, or Delete records from DB #2370
Rutger,

The settings you indicated are what they are set to. Still when inserting a record it fails. Is there anyway to start with a new spreadsheet? I only have 8 entries at this time so starting over would be easy to do as long as I can keep my card layout. I've included a copy of the spreadsheet for review.
Attachments:
7 years 11 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Unable to Modify, Add, or Delete records from DB #2371
Hi David,

On our website you can find two videos that explain how to connect to an Excel file. After whatching these, you should be able to create a new Excel file and connect it in CardExchange.

www.cardexchangesolutions.com/our-downlo...ideos-downloads.html

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.