8 years 1 week ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Cannot enter new employee record #2269
A customer asked:

I have the CardExchange program to make company IDs. We have three new employees and I am trying to make their IDs. I can click on New and then enter their information. When I click on Insert, nothing gets added and the info reverts back to the top and shows the first employee to be entered into the system. I could use some assistance with this. Thank You.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
8 years 1 week ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Topic Author
Cannot enter new employee record #2270
When you use Excel as the connected database, the "tables" and "views" listed in the data-definition wizard can be either Excel worksheets or named regions in Excel. In the drop-down menu, the worksheets can be recognized by having a dollar sign behind their name, like "Sheet1$". The first row in the worksheet or named region contains the column names and the other rows the data.

When your data needs to be editable in the database-edit window, we do not recommend to connect to named regions, because this mechanism does not reliably extend the size of the named region when you enter a new record. This can result in newly entered records to disappear in CardExchange as soon as you click on Insert in the database-edit window.

If you are experiencing this problem, please, go to Configuration - Edit data definition, click on Next and select as "View name" the worksheet that contains your data, for example "Employee$".

Unfortunately, CardExchange version 6 shipped with sample database definition that link to named regions. If you use one of the installation-included databases, please, use the above procedure to change the view name from for example Employee to Employee$.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.