I just sent you a fixed version of your excel file. The problem was in the id column where the data was added as text instead of number, as far as I added new ids directly on the excel file it started working fine. Excel is not so robust as an access file or other real databases when used as a data storage tool.
At first, I was able to enter a new record, but, then in rechecking it wouldn't update existing old ones. I checked the properties of the cell and found it had converted back to general during unzipping (if that's even possible). I changed it to number and it seems to be working now. i will let you know if I experience any more problems. Thanks guys
To get your Excel file clean, you can export it to CSV and import it in a new Excel sheet, specifying for each column the correct data type.
I recommend that you make sure that any column that can contain characters, contain characters on the first row. You could add a dummy row to that end. That makes clear to the OleDb interface that the column is not numeric.
Still much better is to forget about Excel altogether, because Excel is not a database. With Access you would not have this type of problems.
Senior Software Engineer
"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)