Trust ID PBCEX logo 300x102

Unable to Edit Records or Enter new ones

7 years 8 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Unable to Edit Records or Enter new ones #2135
Could you please zip the entire data folder without the images and send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for analysis?

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
7 years 8 months ago
aargo
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to Edit Records or Enter new ones #2136
Do you mean the data folder in the documents folder?
7 years 8 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Unable to Edit Records or Enter new ones #2137
Yes, My Documents\CardExchange\Data.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
7 years 8 months ago
aargo
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to Edit Records or Enter new ones #2138
I am sending it now from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
7 years 8 months ago
Sergio Agostinho
Administrator
Administrator
More
Unable to Edit Records or Enter new ones #2139
Hi,

I just sent you a fixed version of your excel file. The problem was in the id column where the data was added as text instead of number, as far as I added new ids directly on the excel file it started working fine. Excel is not so robust as an access file or other real databases when used as a data storage tool.

With best regards
Sergio Agostinho
7 years 8 months ago
aargo
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to Edit Records or Enter new ones #2140
At first, I was able to enter a new record, but, then in rechecking it wouldn't update existing old ones. I checked the properties of the cell and found it had converted back to general during unzipping (if that's even possible). I changed it to number and it seems to be working now. i will let you know if I experience any more problems. Thanks guys
7 years 4 months ago
aargo
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to Edit Records or Enter new ones #2397
Good morning team. I just wanted to let you know the problem recurred and because of these saved topics I came back to the forum and followed the steps to correct the issue again. Thanks again! :)
7 years 4 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Unable to Edit Records or Enter new ones #2398
Hi aargo,

To get your Excel file clean, you can export it to CSV and import it in a new Excel sheet, specifying for each column the correct data type.

I recommend that you make sure that any column that can contain characters, contain characters on the first row. You could add a dummy row to that end. That makes clear to the OleDb interface that the column is not numeric.

Still much better is to forget about Excel altogether, because Excel is not a database. With Access you would not have this type of problems.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

7 years 4 months ago
aargo
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Unable to Edit Records or Enter new ones #2400
Would we be able to export the current records to access from excel?
7 years 4 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Unable to Edit Records or Enter new ones #2401
Hi aargo,

Sure. In Microsoft Access you can import external data source, including CSV and Excel files.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.