10 years 7 months ago
Mauricio Florez
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Variable image shows on Monitor screen but it is not printed #934
Hi:

We are having a particular problem just in one of six client PC's. We are using a variable image like the background of our card, but even as the image is show on monitor screen, it is not print on the card.

All the clients are using the same card definition because we copied the entire folder from one PC to the other five.

The visible property and the printable proterty are both checked.

This is not the first time that this problem happens to us, the first time we unistalled the CE 6.0 without no results. The only way to solve that proble was changing the Win XP PC.

We are using transparency and if we disable the transparency the background image is show, but why this doesn't happend to the other five clients ?

Kind Regards,

MFM
10 years 7 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Variable image shows on Monitor screen but it is not printed #935
Hi Maurizio,

There are two situations known in which the background image might not be printed:
  • Some printers require the page size of the card layout to be smaller than CR80 and don't print with the default page size. If this is the case, the solution is to go to the Page settings of each layout page and select one of the page sizes supplied by the printer.
  • Some printers do not support transparency for images. This is known to be the case with Magicard. he solution in this case is to set the option Send to printer as bitmap in the Card-definition wizard.

Can you tell what printer you are using on the problematic PC and whether this is a different printer thank on the other PCs? What happens if you switch Send to printer as bitmap on?

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
10 years 7 months ago
Mauricio Florez
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Variable image shows on Monitor screen but it is not printed #948
Dear Rutger:

All our six printers are Fargo HDP5000, so the problem is not the printer.

I have already tried to print as bit map and it works, but it change the colors, so we can not use that option.

Today, we tried to install the entire software on three diferent win XP PC's without good results. None of them prints the image that is show in laptop screen.

But how can you explain that the first five laptop computers exactly with the same software and data folder works without no problem including the way that we are doing transparency?

As i told you, we already copied the Entire Data folder from one pc that is working to other one that not, and it doesn't work.

Kind Regards,

Mauricio
10 years 7 months ago
Marcel Oosterhof
Administrator
Administrator
More
Variable image shows on Monitor screen but it is not printed #949
Hi Mauricio,

What type of operating system was installed on the notebooks. Because if you are saying that these notebooks are working without any problems than we need to look into the differences.

Thanks.

Marcel Oosterhof
Support Team

Simplicity means an easy to use interface even for complex solutions...
10 years 7 months ago
Sergio Agostinho
Administrator
Administrator
More
Variable image shows on Monitor screen but it is not printed #950
Hi Mauricio,

please be careful with Windows XP services packs, we had some users reporting issues using XP SP2 that where solved upgrading to XP SP3. There are some compatibility problems using .Net framework 3.5 with XP SP2.

With best regards
Sergio Agostinho
10 years 7 months ago
Mauricio Florez
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Variable image shows on Monitor screen but it is not printed #951
All of them: working and no working laptops are using XP. I have already reviewd and we have XP laptops working with SP2 and SP3. I will review the other that are not working and i will tell you. If not i will update the service pack to see if it helps.

Regards,

MFM
10 years 7 months ago
Marcel Oosterhof
Administrator
Administrator
More
Variable image shows on Monitor screen but it is not printed #952
Hi Mauricio,

The specifications for running CardExchange® on Windows XP is SP3, so please make sure that all PC's have that installed.

Thanks.

Marcel Oosterhof
Support Team

Simplicity means an easy to use interface even for complex solutions...