Global counter decriment

11 years 6 months ago
jmahdavi
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Global counter decriment #586
I would like to have a global counter that counts down by 1 rather than up. But the software will not allow me to have an incriment of -1. is there another way to do this?
11 years 6 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Global counter decriment #587
Dear jmahdav,

Unfortunatey, that is currently not possible. We wl modify the software to allow for negative increments for the next release.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
11 years 6 months ago
jmahdavi
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Global counter decriment #588
Many thanks for that, sorry if these are stupid questions, but they are ones that I do not know the answer to:

when is the next release due?
will I have to pay for this or is it an upgrade?

many thanks
11 years 6 months ago
Marcel Oosterhof
Administrator
Administrator
More
Global counter decriment #589
The release is planned for the 3rd week of September where it will be introduced at ASIS 2009. This will be an upgrade without any charge.

Marcel Oosterhof
Support Team

Simplicity means an easy to use interface even for complex solutions...
11 years 6 months ago
jmahdavi
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Global counter decriment #590
Ok that is good thanks for the information. If there is any chance of getting that release early, then that would be good as I was planning to print about 250 new cards for staff in about 7 days.
11 years 6 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Global counter decriment #591
Making the release on such a short term will not be possible. There are however several workarounds possible, like:
  • Printing the cards in in another order or
  • Putting the desired global counter numbers in a database and link to that database.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)