Concatenated txt field with First and last name

6 years 3 weeks ago
Paul Durham
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Concatenated txt field with First and last name #5375
I have a Concatenated field with First name, Last name tied to an oracle database. I'm having a problem when if the last name has a space in it like Mc Greggor the name is not populating. This is happening on multiple names with spaces. Any ideas?
6 years 3 weeks ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Concatenated txt field with First and last name #5377
Hi Paul,

Does it show any of the name at all ? or is it just blank where the name should be ?
Could you also confirm what version of CardExchange you are running ?
I tested this in V9.1.1.28 with an Access database and it works as it should, but perhaps this is something specific to Oracle.

Let me know if you are till having the issue in the latest version and I will try and test connected to an Oracle database.
Do you know what version of Oracle you are running ?

Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
6 years 2 weeks ago
Paul Durham
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Concatenated txt field with First and last name #5401
sorry for the delay it's been a busy week. Turns out I only had partial information. The information not being printed (encoded) was the first and last name on the Mag Stripe. I troubleshot the problem and it seems to be related to the work station. I have two printing stations on site with same software and printer. Station #1 was working perfectly with both printers. As soon as I print from station #2 sure enough it will not encode any information on the barcode other than the start and stop strings. The only connection I could find was that the card holders name had a space in it. This could be in the first name, or last name. It was really really strange. Since it seemed to be tied to the work station we decided to wipe the computer and re-image it. Perhaps it was something in windows that got corrupted. Now we are running into a registration error but I'll post that message under the registration forum.
6 years 2 weeks ago
Paul Durham
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Concatenated txt field with First and last name #5403
Oh I forgot to mention that when I print to an XPS document it shows the encoding information correctly. The card visually prints correctly but noting is on the mag stripe other than the start and stop characters.
6 years 2 weeks ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Concatenated txt field with First and last name #5407
Hi Paul,

No problem, let me know how you get on.
Regarding the mag encoding could you confirm the settings in the designer under the content tab for the mag stripe ?

If you still have issues you can always export the card templates from both the working and the non working cards and send them to
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
and we can take a look and try to identify the differences.

Many thanks,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
6 years 23 hours ago
Paul Durham
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Concatenated txt field with First and last name #5461
After re-imaging the PC and re-installing the CardExchane software the problem was fixed. I have no idea what was corrupt but its fixed now.

Thanks

-Paul