9 years 6 months ago
jka
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Mifare contactless mapping #1855
Hi
We are pretty much there with our required mappings apart from one piece of data. whenever we try to use this data we get the following message

Could not set value of [ISSUE]
System.Decimal is an illegal type for this action.

The data file we are using is from an Oracle view.

Cheers
Keith (JKA)
9 years 6 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Mifare contactless mapping #1856
Hi Keith,

I need more information to answer this question. Can you send a screen shot of the problematic mapping? If it is mapped to a visible item in the designer, are you using any scripts or functions in the designer? What it the original database type?

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
9 years 6 months ago
jka
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Mifare contactless mapping #1857
Hi Rutger

I've attached a screen shot. I'm not well versed in Oracle and this data has been requested from another depatrment so we do not have total control........We think the data type for that particular field is Number(1). Again I'm not sure what data types are available in Oracle, so if you could recommend which to use I'd be grateful. This field needs to hold a value of 1 to 9, basically an integer...

Cheers
Keith
Attachments:
9 years 6 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Mifare contactless mapping #1858
Hi JKA,

Unfortunately, you discovered a bug a in CardExchange. If the value mapped to a contactless item is of the type Decimal, the Mifare module throws this exception. We are currently in the testing phase of a new release and this bug fix will be included. The new release is expected for September the 5th.

In the meanwhile, I have the following work around for you: Please, map the contactless item that gives the trouble not directly to the database column, but choose the option Concatenation field. Then map the first sub node of the concatenation to the database column. By using the concatenation field mapping, you force CardExchange to convert the decimal value to a string before sending it to the contactless item. With this construction the problem should not occur.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
9 years 6 months ago
jka
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Mifare contactless mapping #1859
Hi Rutger

Thanks for that, worked fine. We go live next week....

Cheers
Keith (JKA)