2 years 6 months ago
Christopher Lowder
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
V10.1 unable to enable authorization across client #6933
Good Afternoon,

I seem to be getting an error when trying to have authorization enabled across clients.

I have authorization enabled on the first computer I install the client on, verify that it requires it to advance further.
After installing the client on a second computer and pointing to the license server and shared data folder, I can login without it asking for credentials.

I can re-enable it on the second computer, but have to repopulate all the credentials. Also, if I change the password on one client, it isn't transferring over to the other.
2 years 6 months ago
Mike Quintanilla
Administrator
Administrator
More
V10.1 unable to enable authorization across client #6934
Hi Chris,
do you have shared data folder enabled as well as this is an integral part of the DATA folder sharing along with logins.

Mike Quintanilla
Service and Support
2 years 6 months ago
Christopher Lowder
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
V10.1 unable to enable authorization across client #6936
It's pointed to the shared data folder in the .ini file. Is there another place that it needs to be enabled?
2 years 6 months ago
Mike Quintanilla
Administrator
Administrator
More
V10.1 unable to enable authorization across client #6937
Hi Chris,
in regards to the setup there are a few things to modify in any SBS/Network environment. First of course is the config ini file on each client to point to both the license server and the DATA folder location. Second would be data folder sharing within the configuration tab of each client application This ensure the proper info is shared between clients and that when one client is designated as the first to access the DATA folder it is given full read/write while all remaining are only given read permissions. Typically with the DATA folder sharing the logins feature can also com in to play but is not mandatory unless you wish to restrict specific access.
Any changes while a client is still running and active will require a client to be shutdown in order for those changes to occur in each client.

Mike Quintanilla
Service and Support
2 years 6 months ago
Christopher Lowder
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
V10.1 unable to enable authorization across client #6938
Based in emails for support ticket [CESUPPORT-H203G3J5RF].

"There is a bug currently being worked for a release that relates to the login credentials and that is sharing info across clients. There is no ETA at the moment but its in progress."

Thanks for the help.
2 years 6 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
V10.1 unable to enable authorization across client #6941
Hi Chris,

Having looked at this closer I believe that this is a different issue.

Have you changed the path in the CardExchange.Gateway.exe.config file of all the clients to point to the SQLite database in the shared Data folder?

This SQLite database contains the login credentials so you need to make sure that you also change the path in this file.

You can either edit the xml file manually, or you can use the utility provided in the later releases.
If you have a later release then you should find a utility called CardExchange.config.exe in the installation folder.

You can drag the CardExchange.gateway.config.exe file onto this utility to open it with it, then select the connection strings option and set the correct path.

Hope that helps,

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.