CRLF

3 years 6 months ago
Doug Dotchin
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
CRLF #6573
Hello- I am trying to print to an embosser through a generic print driver and need to print name on line one and a number on line 2. The embosser is looking for a CRLF after the name to move to the next line. I have created a composite field to combine first, last and number with the appropriate start and end sentinels but need a suggestion to move to second line for number.

Thanks
Doug
3 years 6 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
CRLF #6585
Hi Doug,

You can go to a new line between concatenation sources by adding #20;#13; as the prefix for the second concatenation element. The #20; is a space and needs to be added to avoid that it is removed when converting to XML.
The preferred method however is usually to stack the separate objects using the Group drop-down menu under the Home tab in the ribbon, but I am not sure how your embosser will see this.

Attached is a sample template that you can import to see how both options work, just extract from the zip file first then click on import within CardExchange producer and browse to the ctp file.

Let me know if you have any issues.
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
Attachments:

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.