3 years 10 months ago
Darren Box
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Editting Barcode sizes #6349
Hi,

My barcode Code 39 cannot be read on the library barcode scanner anymore. I believe this was broken when the student ID changed from 5 characters to 12.

The bottom Jude Routley barcode in the attached picture is how it is set now with supplement space = 3. The top Jude Routley barcode is how it looks when I change supplement space to 5 and as you can see the barcode starts to break up and also cant be read. I think the barcode size is causing a problem.

How can I best adjust the barcode size so it is not so tight to test if the library barcode scanner can read it again. Is Supplement Spacing the correct setting?

Regards,

Darren

Attachments:
3 years 10 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Editting Barcode sizes #6356
Hi Darren,

I would not change the spacing as this will affect how the barcode is generated and could cause issues with reading.
Generally the more digits the denser the barcode so like you say the number of digits is likely the issue.

Could you confirm if the barcode is printing using the black panel of the ribbon and NOT with the YMC panels ?
Also if you print to another printer (eg.. a mono laser printer) can you then scan the barcode ok ?
And what printer are you using ?

Do you know if the library system supports other barcode formats ?
If so you could try something like a code128 barcode that might print nicer.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
3 years 10 months ago
Darren Box
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Editting Barcode sizes #6370
Hi Craig,

We swapped to Code 128 and the barcode scanner can read the long barcode now. All fixed. Your a champion.

thanks,

Darren

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.