vandenberg
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Naam op een of twee regels #6232
Hallo,
Wij willen de totaalnaam op een of twee regels printen als volgt:
als de naam bestaat uit alleen voornaam, tussenvoegsel en achternaam komt het op regel 2 te staan.
als de naam bestaat uit voornaam, tussenvoegsel, achternaam en restnaam (meisjesnaam), willen we de voornaam, tussenvoegsel en achternaam op regel 1 hebben en de restnaam op regel 2.
Kan dat via een script?
Alvast bedankt.
Vandenberg-ID
4 years 1 month ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Naam op een of twee regels #6234
Good afternoon,

Yes you can do this as a standard feature actually, please proceed as follows:

1 - Add a text field to the card design
2 - Set it to be a concatenation source and set the 3 fields to name, middle name and last name
3 - Add another text field under this one
4 - Set this to the database column remainder name (maiden name)
5 - Highlight both items using the shift key, then select the group option from the home tab and click on stack

These will now be part of a stack panel, if the remainder field has something in it then it will show under the name field, otherwise it will be blank.

Is that what you are looking for ?

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
4 years 1 month ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Naam op een of twee regels #6235
My apologies, I just read your post again and the example I gave would not move the name down to the second line.

Please see the attached card template that you can import, on here I have set a script to add a blank line for line 1 if there is no remainder name.

Hope that helps,
Craig

Craig Bechelli

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
Attachments:
4 years 1 month ago
vandenberg
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Naam op een of twee regels #6236
Hello craig,
thx for the file but can you tell me how we can open it? how can wee see the script?

thx in advance
4 years 1 month ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Naam op een of twee regels #6238
Good afternoon,

In the attached zip file is an exported template from my PC, if you are running version 9 you can import this using the import option from the configuration menu.
then you can edit the design and see the scripts/variables/stack panel that I have setup.

If you do not have version 9 let me know and I will post the script and the setup steps.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli

4 years 1 month ago
vandenberg
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Naam op een of twee regels #6239
Hello Craig,
we have the script and it works but i cannot change the font etc.
Can you post the script and the setup steps so we can see what you did?
Thanks.

Vandenberg-ID
4 years 4 weeks ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Naam op een of twee regels #6244
Good afternoon,

If you want to change the fonts then you need to select the outline tab from the menu on the left, here you can select the individual text items and set the font as before.

To create yourselves the steps would be:

1 - Add 4 variables with the following names: first, middle, last, remainder and link them to the relevant fields in the database
2 - Add the following script under the functions tab:

def line1(remainder):
if len(remainder) >= 1:
return first + " " + middle + " " + last
else:
return " "

def line2(remainder):
if len(remainder) >= 1:
return remainder
else:
return first + " " + middle + " " + last

3 - Add a text field to the card design, set the source to be script and add line1(remainder)
4 - Add another text field to the card design, set the source to be script and add line2(remainder)
5 - Highlight both items using the shift key, then select the group option from the home tab and click on stack

These will now be part of a stack panel, if the remainder field has something in it then it will show under the name field, otherwise the name field will show on the second line.

If you need to change the font/colour for these text items you will need to select them individually from the outline tab from the menu on the left of the screen.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli

The following user(s) said Thank You vandenberg

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.