Convert Date Format

4 years 11 months ago
Matthew
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Convert Date Format #5444
Hi, I need to represent date of birth on our ID card as 26 July 1998, however is it stored in our database as 7/26/1998
I assume I can use the script side of things to produce this? Any assistance would be apprecated, I assume others users need to do something similar.

Cheers!
4 years 11 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Convert Date Format #5447
Hi Matthew,

Do you know if the field in the database is an actual Date/Time field ?
If it is then you can change the display format in CardExchange, however if it is a text field then the only way would be to use scripting to rearrange the date.

Attached is a screenshot showing where you can change this in the CardExchange Designer, you need to select the desired text field on the card, select the content tab in the properties window and change the format to Date/Time.
You can now enter a "D" in the box next to the format to show the long date.

If you do this on a text field it will show an error so you will need to try and change this in the database.

Hope that helps,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
Attachments:
4 years 11 months ago
Matthew
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Convert Date Format #5471
Thanks for this,

I am now using D however it is showing "Monday, February 26, 2001" however I am chasing '26 February, 2001'.

Can I use a function to split the fill string (based on spaces and commas) then rejoin it in the right order?

Cheers,
4 years 11 months ago
Matthew
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Convert Date Format #5472
Found a solution using concatenate and different values, dd = 26 and Y = February 2001
4 years 11 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Convert Date Format #5477
Hi Matthew,

Glad you found a solution, there are a number of date formatting options so if you do have a problem still just let me know.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.