Conditional formatting

5 years 2 weeks ago
Terry Johnson
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Conditional formatting #5388
I am using V9 I have a residence status text box that remains with a white background if the word resident is selected but goes orange in the word non resident appears - how can this be done worked ok in the old version
Terry
5 years 2 weeks ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Conditional formatting #5391
Hi Terry,

Could you confirm what edition of CardExchange you are using ?
This could be achieved using two variable images, you can have one for each background and name them as per the values (So a white image called resident and an orange image called non resident). You then set a variable image on the card design and set the database column to be the field that will contain the value, and finally set the path to the folder where the images are.

Depending on your edition you could also use the scripting feature in the designer, but the above should work as you need it.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
5 years 2 weeks ago
Terry Johnson
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Conditional formatting #5393
Craig
I am using version Premium 8.1.6.0
My back to back had informed me that when our machine crashed recently he had managed to upgrade and when I took over from him and looked at the badged machine it looked different so I wrongly thought he had upgraded to Version 9 which was not the case. He had upgraded to V8 the designer view looked different so I assumed it was version 9. The edit mapping icon was hidden which I later found in options advanced options
I found the solution to my earlier question via Variable editor

I do have another question
1. All my files in data are still .ced and .dtd or .dtd.bck - To change to .cedx what is the easiest way to do this????? or do I have to manually re-design my template??
2. Also in the new designer I cannot find UV that we had before as we have one badge template that requires 2 badges front and back for each person to be printed
Regards
Terry
5 years 1 week ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Conditional formatting #5400
Hi Terry,

Under the configuration tab, click on advanced options, then select the checkbox for "Show Migrate Button"
Now when you select a design that has a .ced file it will give you the option to click on this button, this will create a new card in the new design .cedx.
The original card will not be altered and the new one will have the same name appended by (Migrated).

Regarding the UV this has to be sent as a separate layout page, so for a single sided card layout page 1 would be the card design and layout page 2 would be the image for the UV panel. As long as UV is enabled in the printer driver is should treat layout page 2 as the image to be used for the UV panel.

If you need dual sided the same applies and you would need layout pages 3 and 4 for the design and UV.

Hope that helps/
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.