HID Prox card number padded zeros

2 years 2 months ago
Owen
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
HID Prox card number padded zeros #6943
We recently had a HID OMNIKEY 5427 CK card reader installed in our card printer.
We also updated to Card Ex Producer Business 10.1.0.13 (SBS) along with the LDAP Module.

I have setup all our databases and LDAP and they seem to be working well.
I have also setup a "HID Proximity Classic read definition" to store the card number in a couple databases and LDAP.

This seems to be working when printing off cards, however our cards have leading zeros at the beginning, and they are being dropped when being inserted into our databases and LDAP. i.e.. 00100 becomes 100
At first I thought it could have been our Active Directory dropping the leading zeros, but its happening in other SQL databases as well.
It is quite critical these leading zeros are included because a number of other databases and card readers in our College read these leading zeros and cards arent recognised if they arent recorded properly.

When setting up the storage items to store the card number I noticed selecting "Chip Serial Number" had an option to store a "minimum number of digits". I thought "great, this is what I need!", but no, the chip serial number isn't what I want to record, so when selecting Mifare Item to read the card number, the minimum amount of digits option isnt available anymore.

So back to square one I turn my attention to the configuration of the card reader. The HID reader has an option of Keyboard Wedge Mode or standard card reader device. When in Keyboard Wedge mode you can manipulate the card number data however you want and pad zeros on the begnning. However, these options are only available in Keyboard Wedge mode which pretty much emulates a keyboard typing the numbers. Card Exchange no longer recognises the card reader in Wedge mode because Windows no longer detects it as a card reader.

So now we are stuck in a situation where Card Exchange is not recording the full card numbers in our databases.
We are about to batch print 300 new student cards and we really needed this to be working correctly.
For the time being I am just going to have to let Card Ex store all the numbers, then after printing export the numbers out of the databases, pad the numbers in a spreadsheet and then re-import.

Not the most ideal situation for the long term but we are on a deadline at the moment.
Attachments:
2 years 2 months ago
PPC_Tom
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
HID Prox card number padded zeros #6944
Hi Owen,

I understand that a little confusion was generated by the cards having the leading zeros printed on them when in fact this is just a display attribute.
From what I can see PPC has provided this information to you after this post.
If you do need to setup leading zeros we can help you setup this via the card designer but as mentioned above it won't match the actual card number.

However if your still having issues please feel free to contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks Tom @ PPC
The following user(s) said Thank You Craig Bechelli

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.