Migrating Database to new system

4 years 1 week ago
Ryan Burch
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Migrating Database to new system #6095
I'm sure this has been asked and answered, so forgive me if I'm being repetitive.

I have migrated my CardExchange Producer software to a new "Non Stationary" system. I have successfully exported my card design, however, I am unable to locate where I would be able to move all of my 120 employee records that I painstakingly manually entered.

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you
4 years 6 days ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Migrating Database to new system #6098
Hi Ryan,

This really depends on whether you are connected to the internal database of CardExchange or to your own database.
Are you still able to run CardExchange on the old PC ?

If so you can run CardExchange and click on Database setup under the configuration menu to see if you are using your own dataabse or not.
If that is the case you will need to locate it and copy it over.

If you are using the internal database then in fact it would be better to copy over the entire configuration folder from the old PC, by default this is in the location below:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\CardExchange\Data

You can just delete the Data folder from the new PC and copy over the backup from the old PC and it should load up as before.

Hope that helps,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
4 years 4 days ago
Ryan Burch
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Migrating Database to new system #6105
Thank you Craig,

I would have never thought to look under the Public User folder.

However, my issue is now more complicated. Apparently when I installed the software a month ago, I chose the option for "Use Card Exchange Ultimate for 30 days" . I only have the GO license. So, now my cards, or users wont show up under my activated instance. I have to delete the license and choose a trial version other than "Go" to view my cards, and users. Except now every preview and printed card has "DEMO" on it.

Any thoughts?
4 years 3 days ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Migrating Database to new system #6109
Hi Ryan,

Like you said it sounds like you are using a feature of a higher version, and so now the trial has expired the cards are not available in your edition any more.

Did you manage to check if you are just connected to the internal database ?
Or to your own database ?

The login feature is not supported in the Go edition, so you should first deactivate the logins from within the trial edition running a higher version.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
2 years 10 months ago
Louis Johnson IV
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Migrating Database to new system #6725
Greetings CE Experts!

We have been using CardExchange 9 Professional since September 2016, storing records in the original internal database. I would like to know how to migrate these records from the CE internal database into an external MS Access or SQL database to gain better control over backup and information sharing. I found an MS Access (.accdb) file in the data folder, but it seems to require a password to open. Anyone have any suggestions on that password, or how to migrate/export the almost 200 records stored in the application?

Thank You!
Louis
(Omni Services, LLC)
2 years 10 months ago
Mike Quintanilla
Administrator
Administrator
More
Migrating Database to new system #6726
Hi Louis,

There is no native abilities within CardExchange to export this information. Typically end-users would have connected to their own database to allow the flexibility to utilize this information externally of CardExchange however, by choosing to use the internal database this is a proprietary locked database and it must be unlocked by us as its embedded within the software itself and unavailable for access by the end-user to modify without developer support.

If you send open a ticket at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I can continue helping you there.

Mike

Mike Quintanilla
Service and Support

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.