4 years 5 months ago
gaston
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Could not set value #5700
Hello,
I'm trying to encode a mifare card to test something out and am encountering the following error.

"Could not set value of [field1]. Could not find any resources appropriate...."

I created an access database, I'm using an existing mifare write definition that works for other templates. Any thoughts?
Attachments:
4 years 5 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Could not set value #5701
Hi Gaston,

I do not think that the error message is displaying correctly the actual problem, it mentions Field 1, do you have a database column called field 1 that you are writing into ? Or is there a Mifare item called Field 1 ?

Also what version of CardExchange are you running ?

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
4 years 5 months ago
gaston
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Could not set value #5702
Hi Craig,
We're running 9.1.2.29 and both the database column is called field1 and so is the mifare object.
4 years 5 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Could not set value #5703
Hi Gaston,

Could you try renaming the Mifare item to something else ?
Just so we can see which one the error is relating to ?

Then once you know which one is causing the problem you can check the setup/mapping to check they are ok.

I would guess that it is the Mifare item causing the issue, could you confirm which sector/block you are writing too ?
And also how you have the data mapped for this item ?

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
4 years 5 months ago
gaston
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Could not set value #5704
It looks like the issue is pointing to the mifare item. The mifare item is mapped to an access database item.
4 years 5 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Could not set value #5705
Hi Gaston,

Unfortunately, the underlying error message is failing to show, what makes it hard to know why it fails. Please check what type the MIFARE item is (text, hexadecimal, binary, et cetera) and what data you are trying to write to that MIFARE item. there might be a mismatch between the two.

If you cannot find a mismatch, export the card template and supply it to us for inspection, using the support e-mail address?

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
4 years 5 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Could not set value #5706
Hi Gaston,

I cannot reproduce your issue here with the Excel file. It sounds like your Access database is containing some non-hexadecimal characters, causing this issue. Did you reproduce it with the Excel file too? Could you please export the template via the Configuration menu instead of sending separate files?

With best regards,

Rutger Koperdraad
Manager Development and Support

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.