4 years 5 months ago
Mark Vinkx
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Record list does not refresh #5669
I use cardexchange SBS 9 2.1.34 Ultimate with an sql server 2012

I have a user tabel to populate the record list of a card template. But if I insert a new row in the user table the record list is not refreshed only after I do a manual refresh the new record appears. Included is the template, dtd file and definition of the user table

How can i make the record list refresh automaticaly

MArk
4 years 5 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Record list does not refresh #5672
Hi Mark,

When you say that you insert a new row, is this done outside of CardExchange ?

When the names list is loaded the data is cached to save large amounts of queries to the database, only when searching for a name or refreshing the data will it load from the list again.

Will this work in this setup for you ?

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
4 years 5 months ago
Mark Vinkx
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Record list does not refresh #5673
Indeed the user table is update from outside cardexchange
I do believe the names list should refresh automatically like discribed in forum.cardexchangesolutions.com/16-gener...sh-after-insert#4516
4 years 5 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Record list does not refresh #5682
Hi Mark,

The post you refer to is about adding records with CardExchange, which did not show due to some primary-key issue. CardExchange is not polling the table and when adding a record outside CardExchange, it will not be laded until you click the Refresh button or hit F5.

If reloading the entire name list takes to much time, you can enable the level-three filter in the data tab. This filter makes sure that when you hit F5, it shows a filter window before loading data. In this window, you can type or paste the information that allows CardExchange to load only the record you just added and automatically select it.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
4 years 5 months ago
Mark Vinkx
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Topic Author
Record list does not refresh #5691
ok thanks for the clarification

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.