4 years 6 months ago
Aenon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Saving new entries #5594
Hi,

I'm running Card Ex. Ultimate in order to produce some very simple user log-in cards. I've set up an Excel database (although in trying to solve this I also tried using CSV and the internal database) which has only two columns. Column A is 'Pass Code' and is a numeric code which will show up on the card as a barcode. I've allocated this column as the primary key (although it doesn't matter to me which column is primary). Column B is a staff member name (first and last together in one column).

I'll be managing the names and codes manually because we're giving some flexibility to the staff to choose their own passcode.

I've managed to set it up so that the entries can be seen and printed, however, if I click to add a new entry I can add the Pass code and Name, but when I click to save the entry fails to appear in the list. If I then check the Excel sheet I find that a few rows beneath the last entry the name has been added but the pass code hasn't.

I'm assuming it's something to do with the passcode being the the primary key, but I've tried every combination of settings I can find with no success.
Additionally, I'd like to be able to search the list by name or code but I can only get it search by one or the other.

What am I missing?

Thanks.
4 years 6 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Saving new entries #5597
Hi Aenon,

Are you running CardExchange V9 ?
If so could you please update the software to the latest version below:
downloads.cardexchangesolutions.com/updates/v9/ceupdate9.exe
I believe this issue was resolved in a previous release.

Regarding the searching the filter box above the names list will only search the column on the left, you can however drag any column to the left and then type in the box to search.

You can also use the find option under the Data tab, this should search all columns shown in the records window.

Hope this helps,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.