I'm running Card Ex. Ultimate in order to produce some very simple user log-in cards. I've set up an Excel database (although in trying to solve this I also tried using CSV and the internal database) which has only two columns. Column A is 'Pass Code' and is a numeric code which will show up on the card as a barcode. I've allocated this column as the primary key (although it doesn't matter to me which column is primary). Column B is a staff member name (first and last together in one column).
I'll be managing the names and codes manually because we're giving some flexibility to the staff to choose their own passcode.
I've managed to set it up so that the entries can be seen and printed, however, if I click to add a new entry I can add the Pass code and Name, but when I click to save the entry fails to appear in the list. If I then check the Excel sheet I find that a few rows beneath the last entry the name has been added but the pass code hasn't.
I'm assuming it's something to do with the passcode being the the primary key, but I've tried every combination of settings I can find with no success.
Additionally, I'd like to be able to search the list by name or code but I can only get it search by one or the other.