Receiving error when printing color on background

4 years 7 months ago
Patrick Miller
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Receiving error when printing color on background #5513
Fargo HPD 5000 shows a " wrong Color" whenever I print a card that has color on it. I just click resume and it proceeds to print. I just don't want to have to manually push that for every card printed. How can it be sending the wrong color? The error is Error 93.
4 years 7 months ago
Patrick Miller
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Receiving error when printing color on background #5514
Actually it says "Wrong Ribbon". Not sure what is going on with it.
4 years 7 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Receiving error when printing color on background #5518
Hi Patrick,

Are you printing single or dual sided cards ?
If dual sided are you printing just black on the back or full colour ?

This message is from the printer driver and is letting you know that you do not have the correct ribbon type set in the driver for the print job you are doing.

For example if you are printing colour on a single sided card you would usually use a YMCKO ribbon.
Can you check in the driver that the correct ribbon and options for the front/back of the card are set ?

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
4 years 7 months ago
Patrick Miller
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Receiving error when printing color on background #5527
Dual sided cards.. What model ribbon should I use? I used 084052 YMCKK and it only prints color on one side. I change the printer properties to YMCK on Front and Back and it works , but the software gets the "Wrong Ribbon" warning.
4 years 7 months ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Receiving error when printing color on background #5528
Hi Patrick,

If you need to print colour on both sides then you should be using a YMCK ribbon, the ribbon you have will work but it will waste a k (Black) panel for each side of the card you print. This is also why you get the error as it is warning you that you are wasting ribbon.

When you purchase replacement ribbons I would check with your printer supplier.

Regards,
Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.