5 years 5 months ago
Mark Phelan
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Name list doesn't refresh after insert #4509
Hi,

When adding new records to a table in SQL, the name list does not automatically update and the card view does not refresh. The only way to see the new user is to click "Refresh Data" and then scroll through the list. No filters are in use, and I've not seen this behaviour before - I've always seen CardExchange highlight the newly inserted record and update the preview ready for printing.

Any ideas why this might be the case? Running the latest version 9, ultimate edition.

Thanks,
Mark
5 years 5 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Name list doesn't refresh after insert #4510
Hi Mark,

What exact version are you running (as shown in the about window)? I cannot reproduce that issue with my version here. By any chance, do you have something typed in the name search box above the name list when this issue occurs?

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
5 years 5 months ago
Mark Phelan
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Name list doesn't refresh after insert #4511
Hi Rutger,

9.0.1.5 is the version I'm running.

Nothing typed in any of the filter boxes either. Would it help if I sent you an SQL query to re-create the table structure I'm using?

Mark
5 years 5 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Name list doesn't refresh after insert #4512
Hi Mark,

Yes please, and also the dtd file.

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

"A reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. All progress, therefore, depends on the unreasonable man." (Bernard Shaw)
5 years 5 months ago
Mark Phelan
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Name list doesn't refresh after insert #4513
I'll get the files over to you tomorrow - I will try and re-create the DTD and see if it changes anything.

The only thing I can think that may cause the issue is that the table has a computed column for the primary key, however this is all handled by the DB and updates correctly with each insert.
5 years 5 months ago
Rutger Koperdraad
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Name list doesn't refresh after insert #4514
Hi Mark,

That possibly explains everything. After inserting a record in SQL Server, CardExchange needs to obtain the primary key in order to be able to retrieve the new record from eth database and update the name list and the data-edit window. Normally, it uses a standard SQL Server function to get the last automatic ID. If the Primary key is computed, how should CardExchange know the ID of the newly inserted record?

regards,
Rutger.

Rutger Koperdraad
Senior Software Engineer

5 years 5 months ago
Mark Phelan
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Name list doesn't refresh after insert #4515
Ah, OK, understood. I'll make some changes and see if I can rectify the problem.

I'll let you know if this solves the issue.

Thanks for your help as always!
Mark
5 years 5 months ago
Mark Phelan
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Name list doesn't refresh after insert #4516
It was the computed column causing the issue - removed this and implemented an integer instead and it's working fine.
Thanks for the advice!

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.