Sky
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Activate Auto Start Printing At Start Up #6970
Hi

- Producer Ultimate -

I have installed the software on a virtual computer and at times need to remote in to restart the "Auto Start" service.
Is there a way that we I can set the "Auto Start" feature to always on at startup?

We use our software with a database and want to ensure that the "Auto Start" feature is always on (unless we force stop it).

Any options to have "Auto Start" activated when the program opens?

thank you,
Sky
2 years 1 month ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Activate Auto Start Printing At Start Up #6971
Hi Sky,

Are you referring to automated printing within the main CardExchange Producer application?
If so then you can set an option in the CardExchange.ini file to enable automated printing at startup.

If this is not what you are referring to, then please provide some moe details and we can look into it for you.

Craig

Craig Bechelli
CardExchange Solutions Support Team

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
2 years 1 month ago
Sky
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Activate Auto Start Printing At Start Up #6972
Yes, I'd like the automated printing function to be enabled when program starts.
If I can change this setting in the .ini file that would be great.
I've tried to find the .ini file but to no avail.

Can you send me a path to the .ini file?
Also, is this where I can turn off the news announcements as well? They keep popping up as new - even after I say i read them.
2 years 1 month ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Activate Auto Start Printing At Start Up #6973
Hi Sky,

The configuration file can be found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CardExchange Solutions\CardExchange Producer\CardExchange.ini

The last line in the config file is:
[AutomatedPrinting]
AutoStart=False

So you can just change this to true.

Regarding the news items, you cannot disable these but you should be able to mark them as read so that they do not pop up any more.
Can you confirm the version that you have installed?

You can also try to rename/delete the below file which stores settings related to the window positions as well as the read messages etc...
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\CardExchange_Solutions\CardExchange.exe_StrongName_rexzfzoa0xvzfjxqjjlpnmscbmexlec2\9.5.5.66\user.config

Just replace USERNAME with your username and the version with the correct version you have installed.
After this mark the messages as read once you run CardExchange and they should star marked as read.

Craig

Craig Bechelli

"If you define the problem correctly, you almost have the solution." (Steve Jobs)
The following user(s) said Thank You Sky
2 years 1 month ago
Sky
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Activate Auto Start Printing At Start Up #6974
Updating the Auto printing worked great.
Deleting or renaming the user file did not. That's ok for me since it looks like the auto printing = true prevents the pop up window for the news feed.

The news feed items don't change and I can not set them to "read" or "select all as read" seems to not work for me.
again, with the auto printing = true it seems to not be an issue at this time.

Thanks man!
2 years 1 month ago
Craig Bechelli
Administrator
Administrator
More
Activate Auto Start Printing At Start Up #6975
Glad that is working ok for you now, regarding the messages you can also check what version of Cardexchange you are running as one of the older releases had a bug where the news items were not stored as read correctly.
If you wanted to try updating then you can download the latest release after logging in on our website.

Craig

Craig Bechelli

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.