Not Printing both sides of cards

3 years 2 weeks ago
Coastal Shields
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Not Printing both sides of cards #6658
We have been using the CardExchange system and the Evolis Primacy printer for several years without any real issues. Recently the two sided cards started to print on two separate cards. This all happened during a printing session and no changes were made to any settings. I've checked the edit card definitions and both boxes for printing the front and back of the cards is checked. Could you provide me with some direction on what to check next?

Craig
3 years 2 weeks ago
Mike Quintanilla
Administrator
Administrator
More
Not Printing both sides of cards #6660
Hi Craig,
To clarify nothing within CardExchange has changed? this is an existing template that previously printed both sides? Under Card Designer window, Page Layout is backside checked? CardExchange has a very limited printer controls and all aspects of the printers are controlled directly through the drivers in which CardExchange connects to each printer. as long as there are two layouts setup and backside is checked that's normally all that is required to send a double sided print job to the printer. Have you checked under the specific printer properties to ensure that double sided printing is active and hasn't inadvertently been disabled or changed both within windows and within the drive access of printer properties in CardExchange? Just trying to check off and eliminate the obvious.

MIke

Mike Quintanilla
Service and Support
3 years 2 weeks ago
Coastal Shields
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Topic Author
Not Printing both sides of cards #6661
Mike thank you for replying to me. I've check everything you suggested. In the card designer window the print option is check as well as the front and back boxes. I checked under the print tab, print properties and the printer is recognized but all the settings are grayed out. I cannot make any changes. At the bottom of the list the Duplex Mode is set to simplex and it will not change to duplex.
This all happened during a printing session and I was operating the laptop. no changes were made with the acceptation of installing a new ribbon in the printer. I also noted that the printer which has been set up for two sided printing when we purchased it shows a fob type piece that would be slipped in front of the infrared sensor in the printer. Would changing the ribbon have anything to do with this mess????

Craig
3 years 2 weeks ago
Mike Quintanilla
Administrator
Administrator
More
Not Printing both sides of cards #6662
HI Craig,

It very well could have. If the printer properties are grayed out within CardExchange then there most likely is an issue with the printer or the drivers connecting it to windows. CardExchange communicates with all attached hardware through the drivers and when you pull up the properties it is utilizing the drivers to try and communicate with the printer. If there is an issue with windows and or the communication of windows and the printer this could be the issue. Ensure that windows can communicate with the printer correctly and that the associated software and drivers are all properly working. check the printer within windows control panel, devices and printers, right click on the printer and check the status there as well.

Mike

Mike Quintanilla
Service and Support

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.